Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase some War Room apparel by clicking here
Welcome back everyone; today I'll be bringing you my observations and thoughts from Week 13 in the NFL. Enjoy!
|Headlines from Week 13 in the NFL, courtesy of NFL.com! (Psst... they're fake).|
Photo Courtesy: SportsPickle
- I went 9-7 on my NFL picks as well as 5-1 on my college football picks. It was a good week.
- There was a good Monday Night Football game scheduled for Week 13!
- Then there wasn't.
- The Eagles won. Again. For the fourth time. In a meaningful December game. Against a good team. At home. Well, you get the point.
- In all seriousness though: isn't it awesome to see the Eagles playing meaningful games in December for the first time since 2010? Definitely makes up for the past two seasons.
- Obligatory playoff picture update: AFC- Denver, New England, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Baltimore. Nine teams (including Baltimore) still have a realistic shot at the sixth seed.
- NFC- Seattle (clinched a playoff spot), New Orleans, Detroit, Dallas, Carolina, San Francisco. Four teams (including San Francisco) still have a realistic shot at the sixth seed.
- If you can't tell yet, either the NFC is really good or the AFC is terribly mediocre.
- Playoffs for my fantasy football league start this week. After getting by with the likes of Ryan Tannehill, Colin Kaepernick, and Jarrett Boykin (as well as dealing with injuries to Darren McFadden, Randall Cobb, and Kyle Rudolph), I'm feeling like my team can make a run.
- Now it's time for "Players Ryan Would Like to See in Midnight Green."
- This week's winner: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Arizona Cardinals.
- It's pretty obvious why: he's extremely athletic, he's tall and, simply, he's elite. Could you imagine having an elite WR opposite DeSean Jackson? Here's Larry talking about "The Art of the Reception."
- Alright, let's get to the highlights. There were some awesome ones this past week.
- Cordarrelle Patterson is a tremendous athlete.
- Of course, Vernon Davis is too. Reminds me that Brent Celek hurdle last season.
- This catch by Derrick Coleman was easily the second best reception of Week 13.
- This catch by Alshon Jeffery, however, was the best of Week 13, and possibly the best of the season.
- Don't forget to keep voting for your favorite players to make the Pro Bowl. Don't forget to vote for Nick Foles.
- Notable quarterbacks Foles has more touchdowns than: Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, Robert Griffin III, Colin Kaepernick, Andrew Luck, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson (injured: Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers).
- The Thursday Night game this week features the 2-10 Houston Texans (led by Case Keenum) and the 3-9 Jacksonville Jaguars (led by Chad Henne)! Wow!
That does it for this week's edition of In the Redzone, see you all next week!