Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase your War Room apparel and accessories by clicking here
The best team advanced to their respective Conference Championship game on Saturday and Sunday. At this point, that's really all you can ask. With that said, here's another edition of "In the Redzone."
|It's kind of awesome how accurate these headlines are.|
Photo Courtesy: SportsPickle
- The Saints manged to piss me off two weeks in a row. Go figure!
- Seriously though, Marques Colston is a complete idiot! It's not even like he's a rookie either; he's been in the league for a while. Step out of bounds and give the future HoFer a chance to win the game. Simple.
- Can you imagine what would happen if DeSean Jackson (or any Eagles WR for that matter) did that? Probably something like this, actually.
- Fun fact: the Chargers-Broncos game was the closest of the weekend. Who would have thought?
- It shouldn't have been as close as it was, but that's a different story.
- So, according to Wikipedia, an onside kick "is a low percentage play." Why, then, were there two onside kicks recovered by the kicking team over the weekend?
- I picked the Saints, Colts, Panthers, and Chargers this past weekend. Yeah. I know.
- Let me try to redeem myself this weekend: the 49ers and Broncos will be heading to the Super Bowl. So, obviously, that means that you can expect a Seahawks-Patriots match-up in a couple of weeks.
- The Mock Drafts that are being released are making me anxious to do mine (only for the Eagles, of course). Only a few more weeks; be on the lookout for that! For now, this one from Bleacher Report will do just fine.
- The Flyers (or, rather, Vincent Lecavalier) just gave the Flyers the lead with 14.3 seconds left in the third.
- I should keep doing these articles during Flyers games; they seem to play well when I do.
- Is it time for highlights? I think it's time for highlights.
- Here's another "WTF?" moment from the weekend. This one is courtesy of Ryan Allen.
- Speaking of that: those announcers were idiots. They were saying that Allen should have just fallen down at the two yard-line. Why? He should have did what Drew Brees did against the Eagles a few years back: run out of the endzone and play field position.
- LeGarrette Blount's run in the fourth quarter shifted the momentum for good.
- When you intercept Peyton Manning, you should feel proud. But when you intercept him like this? Wow.
- That happened to be Peyton's first INT in the redzone (that's the title of my article!) this season.
- I love Bruno Mars as much as the next guy (well, maybe not: the jury's still out on that one), but did they promote his halftime show at the Super Bowl enough this weekend?
- There has not been a repeat in the winner in the NFC East since the Eagles did it back in 2003 and 2004. That has to end soon, right?
- In case you missed it, I wrote a letter to the Philadelphia Eagles. Be sure to check it out if you get a chance.
That does it for this week's edition of "In the Redzone." See you all next week!