Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase your War Room apparel and accessories by clicking here
Although the Eagles were eliminated from the playoffs (I'll get to that later), Wild Card Weekend was still very entertaining, with three out of the four games coming down to the wire. Without further ado, here is my first 2014 edition of "In the Redzone," enjoy!
|Hey, the fake headlines are back!|
Photo Courtesy: SportsPickle
- So uh... about that Chiefs-Colts game...
- I don't think I've ever seen an NFL team collapse as badly as the Chiefs did. Seriously, how do you blow a 38 point lead?!?!?!?
- Psst... remember when I said I've never seen an NFL team collapse as badly as the Chiefs did? Just like the Cowboys every year, am I right?
- Alright, enough about how bad Andy Reid's team, let's get on to the team that lasted longer than Reid's team (by about several hours).
- Let's talk about Alex Henery. This picture represents the amount of touchbacks an average NFL kicker has per season. This picture represents the amount of touchbacks Alex Henery has per season.
- I'm not saying that the Eagles should cut him, but don't be surprised to see a second kicker on the roster when training camp rolls around.
- Hey, Patrick Chung, you're in the NFL for some reason, so HOW DO YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?!
- Remembering reading the intro of the this article when I mentioned that three of the four games that occurred this past weekend came down to the wire? You can thank Andy Dalton and his three picks for not making it a perfect four-for-four.
- Eagles and Packers fans can relate (well, at least for this season).
- Going back to the Eagles game: did anyone else want to punch Al Michaels in the face when he said that Shayne Graham's kick went, "right down Broad Street?" This video clip describes how I felt.
- Alright, let's get to some highlights.
- Donald Brown fumbled the ball near the goal-line. What did Andrew Luck do? Oh, you know, the ole' scoop it up and dive in for a TD move.
- Plays like these are why Dwayne Bowe is one of the better WR's in the league. Well, either that or the Colts tackling just sucks.
- Aaron Freakin' Rodgers, man. He's just too good.
- In case you missed the playoff schedule for this week (or any future week), here it is.
- My picks for this weekend: Saints over Seahawks (I don't want them to win anymore than you do, don't worry), Colts over Patriots, Panthers over 49ers and Chargers over Broncos.
- I guess all my picks would be considered upset picks, depending on how you feel about the 49ers.
- Not football related, but Brayden Schenn scored the game-winning goal in OT tonight after this happened to him earlier in the game.
- Tim Tebow will be a starting quarterback in the NFL next season. You heard it here first.
- I personally don't have a problem with him, but at least you guys and girls won't have to hear Cris Collinsworth anymore. Unless you watch the Pro Bowl, which I might actually do.
That does it for this week's edition of In the Redzone. Thanks for reading, and see you next week!