Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase some War Room apparel and accessories by clicking here
Hello everyone; welcome back to another edition of "In the Redzone," where I will be giving you a weekly recap of all the top news stories from the past week. I'll also include a funny picture. Enjoy!
|I'd pay money for this board game.|
Photo Courtesy: SportsPickle
|One War Room writer thinks highly of this QB.|
Photo Courtesy: Sports Illustrated
- One writer on nfl.com believes that DeMeco Ryans could be a surprise cut, simply due to his cap hit. You can check out the other two Eagles on that list, as well as the plethora of other NFC players he believes will be getting a pink slip by clicking here.
- Remember when the NFL was talking about removing extra points? Don't worry: they don't seem to be going anywhere yet. The Competition Committee proposed some solutions; check them out here.
- It's good that the extra points won't be going away. Alex Henery can actually make those. Joking! Kind of.
- Tony Gonzalez is going to be joining The NFL Today as a pregame analyst. Sadly, however, Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe are no longer analysts for CBS' pregame show. Eh, they can always join Donovan McNabb on Fox Sports One.
- If the Eagles didn't already have an elite quarterback in Nick Foles, I'd love to see them draft Johnny Manziel. No, really.
- The former Texas A&M QB said that the Texans would be making "the worst decision they've ever made" if the team doesn't draft him.
- Most scouts still believe that former Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater is the best QB prospect in the draft. I disagree, but I guess that's why I'm not a scout.
- Jeremy Maclin said that Philadelphia is "where I want to be." I want him to be here too, but I also want Riley Cooper here.
- It's a tough decision: Maclin would obviously come much cheaper, but Cooper showed that he and Foles can perform together quite nicely. Many use the "DeSean is the same as Jeremy," argument, but it's not that simple. Well, only a month or two until we find out what happens!
- The Saints resigned veteran kicker Shayne Graham. Just in case you, uh, wanted to know that.
- Jim Haslett, the new Redskins DC, believes that yardage stats are for losers. Seems like the Eagles' strategy from last season is already making waves around the league.
- I saw a good tweet regarding the Michael Sam situation a few days ago:
@jmasonnewsbreak The NFL has Ray Rice and Mike Vick...but the gay guy, he'll ruin it all.
— cardinalwhite01 (@cardinalwhite01) February 17, 2014
- Cam Newton has said that he won't hold out for a new contract when Training Camp rolls around. For all the hate he gets about being egotistical and selfish, he seems like a pretty mature leader to me.
- I always feel bad for the teams that seemingly need a new QB every year. My boy Tim Tebow is still out there, though. So there's that.
- Eric Decker is reportedly seeking number one receiver money. I don't know if he's worth that much, but he'd definitely be a strong number two for most teams, and maybe even a top receiver for a few (such as the Jaguars or Raiders).
That does it for this week's edition of "In the Redzone." See you all next week!