Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase some War Room apparel and accessories by clicking here
Hello and welcome to another edition of In the Redzone. In this week's edition, I'll be looking over the scouting combine, the latest free agent rumors, and much more. Let's get started!
|I'm a little upset that I just found this.|
Photo Courtesy: tsj101.com
|This could actually happen? Vick and Geno Smith?|
Photo Courtesy: NFL
- I'm sure Dri Archer's draft stock improved with his astonishing 4.26 40 yard dash time. Just think about that number for a second. 4.26 seconds. Incredible.
- For comparison's sake, Nick Foles ran his 40 in 5.03 seconds. If you're keeping score at home, that's 0.77 seconds slower than Archer's time. I'd pay a decent amount of cash to see both of them race. I know I'm not the only one who would either.
- The New York Jets are rumored to have interest in Michael Vick. I personally think they'd be better off with Tim Tebow, but that's just my opinion.
- I think this is the third week in a row that I've mentioned Tebow. *Cue picture from We're the Millers*
- In a bit of sad news, Roy Simmons passed away last week. Simmons was the second former NFL player to come out as gay. He was quoted as saying, "In the NFL, there is nothing worse than being gay" in 2006. Hopefully, those days are over.
- I've been looking at some draft boards over the past week or so, and let me tell you something: if the Eagles don't draft a receiver with their first round pick, I'll be slightly disappointed. There are so many WR's with off the charts potential. It's been said that perhaps eight WR's could go in the first round. The Eagles picked a great year to have two of their top WR's become FA's.
- Speaking of draft boards, my first mock draft will be released early next month, so be on the lookout for that!
- Apparently, the Vikings are really trying to find their QB of the future in this draft class. I hope they do; I've always felt bad that Adrian Peterson has had to play on such crappy teams during his career. The least that organization could do is get him a decent QB.
- I guess demolishing that terrible, outdated dome was a good start, though.
- I like the trash talk between Dee Ford and Jadeveon Clowney in regards to who is better. Remember when Clowney was the consensus number one overall pick just several months ago? My, how quickly things change.
- The Browns confirmed that they went after Jim Harbuagh, the current 49ers head coach. Trading for a head coach is extremely rare and to be honest, I think it would have set Cleveland back a couple years (well, maybe a couple more years. That poor organization).
- By the way, the Jets are also reportedly interested in Josh McCown.
- Eagles fans, get visions of Jarius Byrd in an Eagles jersey out of your heads. The Bills plan to use the franchise tag on him, meaning the only way the Eagles could get him is if they make a compelling trade offer.
- I know that there's no way it'll happen, but how awesome would it be to hear that Jimmy Graham signed with the Eagles? Imagine Foles, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, a rookie slot WR, Graham, and Ertz. Wow. (Stating this once again: I know that Graham won't sign with us).
- To end with some happy news: Nick Foles got engaged. Good for him.
|Who needs to draft a QB when this man is|
Photo Courtesy: accultureated.com
That does it for this week's edition of In the Redzone; see you all next week!