Follow him on Twitter @WarRoomPHLRyan by clicking here
Watch the latest episode of the War Room on UStream by clicking here
Purchase some War Room apparel and accessories by clicking here
Welcome back everyone! For both old and new viewers, thanks for checking this article out. There are so many other things you could be doing, but instead you are reading this. Thank you, and enjoy!
|Look at number five. Ha!|
Photo Courtesy: SportsPickle
- Sav Rocca, clearly the best punter in Eagles history, has been cut by the Redskins. Seriously, he was even better than Chas Henry! To remember him, here is a video of Rocca getting rocked by a Baltimore Raven.
- The Buccaneers revealed their new uniform design for the upcoming season. *Shudders.* In all honesty though: I think it's just a bit too much. Then again, I didn't like the Seahawks new uniforms at first, so maybe it'll just take time.
- The Eagles released veteran WR Jason Avant. It's sad to see him go, but I understand why he was cut. It's thought that he'll either go to the Chiefs or Jets. For his sake, I hope he goes to the Chiefs.
- The release of Avant means two things: I got one of my predictions wrong in part one of An Eagles Forecast (thumbs down) but now the Eagles can draft a WR in the second or third round (two enthusiastic thumbs up)!
- Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew are among the top FA RB's available. Remember when they were supposed to be the RB's of the future for their respective franchises? I guess being a member of the Raiders or Jaguars will do that to you.
- Jim Harbuagh has said that he does not want to leave San Francisco. How to interpret that: if the 49ers don't win a Super Bowl within the next few seasons, his name might end up in the rumor circle again.
- While we're on the subject of head coaches, I think to myself everyday how fortunate the Eagles are to have Chip Kelly as a head coach. If you're ever upset about being an Eagles fan, whether it be after a stupid decision or a tough loss, remember this: you could be a Browns fan.
- While we're on the subject of the Eagles, the organization made some great moves over the past week, signing FA's-to-be Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin to contracts, while extending the contracts of Jason Kelce and Jason Peters. Kelce is actually the first member of the 2011 draft class to receive an extension. Better yet: the entire offensive line is signed through at least 2016.
- For those worried about the competition in the NFC East, let me explain why the Eagles are in an amazing spot: the Giants and Cowboys are cutting dead weight and have veteran QB's who aren't getting any younger, while the Redskins won't be doing anything anytime soon. Even Jarius Byrd made a comment, saying that the Eagles are "headed in the right direction."
- I keep looking at that picture above. I won't rank the best QB's, but instead the top-five QB's I'd want to build a team around right now. In no particular order: Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck, Nick Foles, Cam Newton, and Tim Tebow.
- Yet another week with a mention of Tebow in this article. *Cue the same picture I used last week.*
- Russell Wilson has not ruled out a return to baseball. While it is not very likely (after all, being a franchise QB is a tough job in its own right), I think that'd it be pretty cool to see Wilson play some games in the majors before his career is over.
- Jimmy Graham was given the Franchise Tag by the Saints. Ah rats, I guess he's not coming to the Eagles.
- I hope that people can tell when I'm being sarcastic.
- Apparently, the Competition Committee is considering a 43 yard extra point attempt. I don't know about you, but I think that's a neat idea. It's too simple to make a 20 yard chip-shot (unless you're Alex Henery... kidding!), it's time to make a change.
That does it for this week's edition of In the Redzone, see you all next week!